Hemp Dog Collar
Naturally Soft, Eco Friendly Too!
One of the top reasons
you might want
to choose a hemp dog collar, is that hemp is naturally hypoallergenic and earth friendly. What that means, is that dogs who
are prone to sensitive or itchy skin - and that means many of them - will be comfortable wearing this
Not only that, but they will love the fact that it gets softer over time. This, in my mind, is a
really nice dog spoiling
reason for considering this fabric.
Some Interesting Facts About Hemp
Although the history of this fiber is really significant, we won't go into great detail about it. But,
here are a few highlights of interest that came up in our research:
- The first American Flag made by Betsy Ross was made of hemp.
- The Declaration Of Independence and the Constitution were both written on hemp paper.
- Hemp seed has the highest percentage of omega fatty acids - healthy stuff!
- The history of hemp dates back thousands of years BC and hemp was used extensively in ancient times for
various everyday needs.
Eco and Pet Friendly Benefits of Hemp
Here are a few of the benefits to consider:
- It's biodegradable. We all know that
dog collars have to be replaced at some time, so it's nice to know that the worn out collar can go on its
way without contributing to ecological concerns.
- Blocks UV rays
- While hemp may be soft and gets even softer with use, it is one of nature's strongest fibers,
and will outlast most other fabrics. In other words, very durable and economical.
- If it gets wet, no problem, because it is resistant to mildew and shrinkage. So, as
you may have guessed it is also easy care - you can just toss the collar in the washer when it needs cleaning.
Are Hemp Collars Safe For Pets?
Until recent times, a hemp collar would be an unfamiliar product to many dog owners. Maybe some would even have wondered about the product's safety for pets. To clear up any confusion, the hemp used in pet accessories bears no relationship to the medicinal variety and is even grown differently.
, adding to its many other benefits, hemp fiber is also a safe
material for your
pet, and is grown and processed without using chemicals.
Furthermore, if you have a rowdy
sort of dog that likes to play with his collar, it's strong enough to withstand his chewing without tearing.
If you'd like to have a
hemp dog collar with a cozy fleece
lining for an extra little bit of TLC for your best pal, that's also an option. Plus you can get a nice leash to match!
Buying Features To Look For:
- 100% pure hemp fabric and naturally dyed, if you prefer a particular color.
- Made in the USA - no worries about manufacturing processes meeting standards.
- Quick release buckle
- Naturally dyed colors
I hope you're getting excited about the hemp dog collar for your pets - your dog
will thank you!
The Doggies Want Your WOOF!
›Hemp Dog Collar