Basic Dog Obedience Training
Tips You Can Use!
If you are here to learn about basic dog obedience training
, then you have
made a very positive and caring decision about your pet's future. And we commend you for it!
Training your dog or puppy is one of the best things you can do to ensure that
you build a sound relationship together. Starting with the basics of obedience is the
first step toward his recognition of you, as his pack leader, and the beginning of
gaining respect for one another.
Why Basic Dog Training For Obedience is So Important
- Once a puppy leaves his canine pack and becomes a member of your family pack, he needs
to know the pecking order and who's the pack leader. Obedience training quickly makes
it clear who's the "top dog". Make no mistake, dogs thrive on clarity!
- To feel happy and have a sense of belonging, he needs to know the rules and how to
behave with his new pack. Basic dog obedience training will accomplish this too.
- With strong leadership, your pet is directed toward desirable behavior and gains assurance that
he is pleasing you. It's another stepping stone toward building a deeper trusting
- A dog with good manners is also much more socially acceptable. He won't embarass you
when friends come over.
- Dogs like to feel useful. Training accomplishes this and also staves off boredom. Remember when the canine race first hooked up with man, they were put to work - and enjoyed it!
- He'll be safer to travel with on vacations, trips around town, or just out on a walk especially if you've worked on recall.
Reasons Not To Ignore Basic Dog Obedience Training
- Left to their own devices, dogs have no clue what's expected of them and will be
forced to make their own decisions. This is setting them up to fail!
- Without the communication that a pet needs from you in the form of training, he will
experience uncertainty, confusion and a lack of confidence. In other words, he will feel stressful.
- Pets in stressful situations, make bad decisions.
- He will be shunned as his behavior deteriorates.
- Untrained pets frequently wind up in animal shelters because they...
developed a lot of bad habits
didn't get along with your family
didn't get along with the neighbors
weren't trustworthy around people in various situations
showed signs of aggression
...all things that could have been resolved by some simple training.
Many owners who surrender their dogs to shelters will say they were forced to because of
relocation, divorce, busy schedule, finances, travel, etc. But the real reason is often
because their cute puppy grew up into a confused and insecure pet with lots of problems!!
The simple kindness of owners taking their responsibility seriously and starting basic dog obedience training with their dogs, could save thousands of pets
from this undeserved fate.
Teaching a pet the main requirements for good behavior is one of the most essential steps to ensuring that dogs will never wind up in an animal shelter, but will take their rightful place as a beloved member of the family.
Getting Started With Obedience Training
A very important secret to communicating with dogs when teaching obedience is
learning how they think and understanding their body language. Once you have a grasp on
this, teaching your dog will be a lot easier and faster. So get yourself set up with a good system of
basic dog obedience training
that includes the professional secrets needed to be successful.
Without a reliable program to follow, you'll be flying blind and this
could be very frustrating and
miserable for both you and the dog.
All dogs are trainable although some breeds are more willing learners, because they've
trainability traits from their
Regardless of this fact, all dogs want the approval of their masters and this fact alone
makes them good candidates for training. It also means that you
as their pack leader, are the best
person to train them.
Of course there are some excellent private instructors out there, but going this route
can be expensive. Plus you are missing the opportunity that you get to bond with your
pet when you train in-home with a professional basic dog obedience training guide. The advantage of a reliable system is that it will get you
started with teaching all the basic commands such at sit, stay, come, down,
leave-it, etc. Plus it will have all the information to take you to the next level when you are ready.
I would also highly recommend this approach for the reason that if you do this yourself your pet won't have to make the adjustment to a new situation or new trainer.
Lastly, here are a few training tips
to keep in mind when starting out:
- Choose a place for training where you won't be disturbed.
- Fill your pocket with the motivators you'll use for rewards and encouragement.
I'm talking about healthy food treats! These are the strongest motivators in the beginning. Non-food rewards can be mixed in later when progress has been made.
- Be consistent, use the same word for a command each time and stick with it.
- Work on one command at a time until it is well understood, then move on to the next.
- Keep training sessions short and fun.
- Make commands that your dog has learned a part of his life by using them daily.
- Repetition and consistency is the key to sustained recall.
Most of all enjoy the time you spend with your best friend and give him a good life!
Train With These Popular Treats - 263 Reviews!
Zuke's Mini Naturals
Your Pet Will Love These Treats:
- Makes obedience training easier because dogs love them.
- Made with real high quality potein.
- No soy, wheat, corn, artificial colors, flavors, or by-products.
- Delicious and tasty plus enriched with vitamins and minerals.
- No worries about over-feeding - just 2 calories a piece.
- Choose your dog's favorite: chicken, salmon or peanut butter.
Entice your pet off the couch and into learning mode with these good tasting natural treats. A obedience-trained dog is happier and
more secure knowing what is expected of him. Mental stimulation keeps dogs mentally young!!
Find Zuke's Mini Natural Treats
Your Feedback Is Valued
Please Use the Buttons/Box Below To:
- Like This Page
- Share With Friends
- Or, Leave A Comment
Recommend this on google
TOP of Page - Basic Dog Obedience Training
Dog Training 101 Main Page